How to File a Weekly Claim
Most claimants can receive unemployment insurance (UI) benefits for up to 26 weeks, and in some cases 39 weeks. To receive payments after filing for UI benefits, a claimant must confirm eligibility every week using the claims reporting system.
Each week that the weekly claim is filed, the claimant will be asked to certify the following:
- are unemployed or working only reduced hours
- are able and available for work
- have not refused any job offers or referrals
- are actively looking for work (unless waived)
- are reporting any pension they may be receiving
- are reporting any gross wages, vacation (PTO), severance and/or holiday pay they may be receiving
The weekly claim can be filed online or by mobile devices.
Review these Frequently Asked Questions about Unemployment Insurance and weekly claim filing.
Here is a helpful document that briefly describes the Unemployment Insurance claim process.
Hours to Submit a Weekly Claim
Monday through Friday: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
8:00 am to 7:30 pm Sunday
Check the Status of a UI Claim (Benefit Inquiry)
The 'status of claim' option allows claimants to verify:
- the last week UI benefits were claimed
- the date and amount of the last UI benefit payment
- the remaining balance of UI benefits available to receive
The 'status of claim' or 'UI benefit payment' is available online.
Hours to Check Status of a UI Claim
Tuesday through Friday: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
If Monday is a holiday, the 'status of claim' option is not available until Wednesday of that week.